By Rob Booth, Crosland Heath Golf Club
What is in my tool kit?
For the last 3/4 years I have played with Callaway golf clubs. I find this brand perfect for my game, the cavity back irons which are forged give me the feel of a blade iron and the help I need. In the current world rankings there are a lot of tour professionals using this brand which helps in my mind to back up my decision.
What's in my bag?
- Driver - Callaway 815 driver 9 degrees X stiff shaft.
- 3wood - Callaway v series 15 degree X stiff
- Irons - I carry a 18 degree 2 iron as my go to club. It has a really forgiving head which is needed due to the length of current courses these days.
- 4-9 iron. Callaway apex pro 2016 model standard lie but all my clubs are 1inc longer fitted with project X 6.5 shafts.
- Wedges - 46.54.58 degree in loft. Callaway S grind tour.
- Ball - Callaway chrome soft.
Now we are going on to my clothing. The most important part for me is looking good on the course.
I have been with Glenbrae for a few years now, and the quality is top drawer. My favourite style of jumpers is the Merino collection. They are fitted in all the correct places. I hate playing in big jumpers that lose their shape and Glenbrae do not.
I like plain colours, for example blacks, blues, purples etc. My favourite colours are denim and light grey. The quality is so good and the jumpers last for years.
On Course Performance
The performance of this brand is very good. Warm and breathable. For me the best part is, if the garments get wet they do not lose their shape, other brands I have worn in the past can stretch when wet but this is not the case with Glenbrae.